GastroPan is the largest international trade fair for bakery, confectionery and food service industries organized in Romania, and one of the most important business events in Central and Eastern Europe. The 2012 edition of the exhibition brought together 107 exhibitors from 16 countries and over 14,000 visitors, on a total exhibiting space of 6,000 square meters.
The trade fair followed a continuous development during last 4 years, which is why its fifth edition will be held for the first time in Bucharest, the capital of Romania. This will allow visitors and exhibitors to be a part of a business event organized in accordance with the latest international standards.
In 2013 the new location will allow the increase of exhibition area up to 12,000 square meters. Moreover, the modern exhibiting center hosting the event will allow the exposure of the most diverse range of specialized solutions for the targeted business fields and also the organizing of the most complex demo shows, product presentations and professional competitions for chefs, bakers and confectioners.
- Suppliers of ingredients for manufacturers and industrial producers of bakery and confectionery products (flour, yeast, enhancers, flavors, fillers, fats, etc.)
- Suppliers from the milling and pasta industry (equipment for grain storing, milling and delivering, silos, pasta producing lines and ingredients etc.)
- Suppliers of equipment and accessories for the production, distribution, and retail activities in bakeries, confectioneries, hospitality and catering industries (equipment and utensils for mixing ingredients, for dough processing and baking, equipment for gelato and chocolate producers, professional cooking equipment, uniforms, cutlery and crockery, furniture and fittings for specialized shops etc.)
- Suppliers of other dedicated services and solutions (managing hardware and software for bakeries, confectioneries and restaurants, food and beverage vending machines, air-conditioning solutions, refrigeration and freezing equipment, security and protection services, interior design, furnishing and decorating solutions etc..).
- Food and drink suppliers for hospitality, food service and catering industry (fruit and vegetables, pasta, meat and sausages, dairy products, canned foods, ready meals, hot and cold beverages, sauces and spices, etc.)
BRUTARUL, the magazine of the Romanian bakers and confectioners, is answering the needs of entrepreneurs on the marketby publishing articles about the main ingredients used in production. Bakery fats and all kinds of bakery flours are the topics of the following issue, which will gather the offers of such ingredient suppliers, showing the latest range of products available on the market.
The drought has caused local farmers severe losses and the situation calls for the declaration of the state of emergency said Laurentiu Baciu, president of the Romanian Agricultural Producers’ League (LAPAR) according to Mediafax. He stressed that some 80 percent of the local corn production could be compromised.
A new application session for European funds opened recently, allowing the Romanian mills and bakeries to access non-refundable money for various investments in the field. These new session of project applications is open from July 2nd to August 14th, 2012, as the Romanian Paying Agency for Rural Development and Fishing (APDRP) said. Find out more about the available amounts.
Eastern European experts and suppliers in the bakery, confectionery and catering industries will meet next year in BUCHAREST, for the fifth edition of the GASTROPAN exhibition. The event will take place for the first time in the Romanian capital, meeting the latest international standards in trade fair organizing. Find out more about the benefits of the new exhibition center that will be hosting the event on April 11-14, in 2013.
Wheat harvest is expected to rise to 6.1 million tons in Romania, 15% less than the record production of 2011. The decline will be caused mainly by last autumn’s weather conditions, as local specialists said. Estimates in June, last made before wheat and barley crops to be raised in barns or taken by traders, shows that farmers will produce 17.9 million tons of grain this year, down 7.2% from 2011.
World sugar prices are likely to stay high in 2012 due to external factors such as government policies, oil prices and instability in the Eurozone, according to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Read more: www.confectionerynews.com
Munich, 19.06.2012 – It’s the biggest temporarily bakery in the world: iba, the industry’s leading trade fair. From 16 to 21 September the twelve exhibition halls at Messe München will morph into a vast ‘bakery’. iba is the only trade fair in the world to cover the entire market overview from A to Z – from appliances and aromas all the way to zest and zwieback. Attendance at iba on any one of the six days of the fair guarantees a comprehensive market briefing for the 36 months ahead – until the next iba opens its doors.
Romanian food distributor Alfredo reported sales worth EUR 50 million last year and hopes to grow its business 20 percent by the end of 2012 despite the general drop in consumption, said Daniel Nistor and Cristian Darmanescu, Alfredo’s two owners.
How to create the visual identity of a new starting business in Romania? Catalogues, posters, advertising layouts - services from Boro-Info Company
The presentation of your products are very important, if you want your customers to understand the values and benefits of your products, services. These things can be reflected by flyers, catalogs, product packaging or with the help of other visual issues.
If you want to start a new business in Romania, you need to build up your visual identity. In this work Boro-Info company can help you, with it's complex and high quality services.
The visual identity services offered by Boro-Info company includes:
• concept development, logo, slogan and custom design elements;
• professional translations into / from Romanian, Hungarian, English;
• designing and implementing business cards, leaflets, posters,
catalogues, advertising layouts, ...;
• customization of specific objects - menus, accessories, displays, ...;
• personalized website making, with order placing possibility;
• presentation text, photo-report realization;
• print promotion services (printed magazine) and online (e-mail, newsletter, social networks).
At Rimini Fiera from 19th to 23rd January with the new A.B.TECH EXPO
Rimini, 23rd May 2012– It is the sector’s “New Year”, the expo that more than others turns the spotlight on internationality and business.It is the SIGEP International Exhibition of Artisan Gelato, Pastry, Confectionery and Bakery production, the 34th edition of which will be at Rimini Fiera from January 19th to 23rd January 2013.
International partnership with a view to the 10th edition of Siab (25-29 May 2013)
VERONAFIERE SIGNS AN AGREEMENT WITH RUSSIAN BAKERS
ITALY: WORLD LEADER FOR BAKERY MACHINERY
The agreement between VeronaFiere, the Russian Association of bakers and pastry-confectioners and Conoscere Eurasia was signed yesterday in Moscow during the II Italo-Russian Bakery Forum. CEO & Director General Giovanni Mantovani: "We aim to promote the sector through exports to Russia of Made in Italy products and technologies but also to support growth of bread, pastry and related products in terms of know how." Bakery products in Russia are worth 10.2 billion euros and growth of 10-12% is envisaged in 2012. Italian exports of machinery and technologies for bakery, pastry, confectionery, pasta and pizza in 2011 came to more than 36.4 million euros.
Agriculture Minister-designate Daniel Constantin stated that lowering the VAT in the bakery industry, where tax evasion registers a level of 60 per cent, would bring to the light hundreds of millions of euros that are needed for improving the agricultural sector and for making other investments, Mediafax informs. “The proposal to cut the VAT to 9 per cent in the case of staple foodstuffs is a commitment discussed for a very long time and it remains for us to decide with the Finance Ministry when we will introduce this measure. I wanted to give an example this year, even though we are under the pressure of respecting the deficit target, to give towards the end of this year an example in the panification sector,” Constantin said.